Technical Showcase: How Netacea Developed Intent Clustering Technology
Wednesday, September 15th 2021 14:16 GMT / 15:16 CET
About this event
In partnership with the University of Nottingham and KTP
Malicious bots attack at speed, so it is vital that defenses react quickly to stop them. With reams of requests being processed each minute, distinguishing between malicious and legitimate traffic quickly and accurately requires advanced technology.
In this technical showcase webinar, Netacea data scientist David Fricker is joined by the University of Nottingham’s Dr Mercedes Torres Torres. The two will explore how a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) between the organizations resulted in the creation of Intent Clustering, an innovative solution to rapid anomaly detection and an important addition to Netacea’s bot management technology suite.
Thanks to the machine learning and data science expertise shared between Netacea and the University of Nottingham during the KTP project, Netacea’s Bot Management Solution now categorizes web user intent in real time. This allows customers to block malicious traffic instantly or pass the categorized web user intent information on to a risk intelligence feed.
In this webinar you will learn:
- What Intent Clustering is and how it enables real-time threat detection and mitigation
- How the Knowledge Transfer Partnership, funded by UK Research and Innovation through Innovate UK, enabled Netacea to create new technology
- The tangible business benefits of the project to Netacea, including decreasing the average customer onboarding time whilst reducing overall costs
Watch this event
Meet our speakers
- David Fricker, KTP Associate & Machine Learning Specialist at Netacea
- Mercedes Torres Torres , Assistant Professor at University of Nottingham